My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

December 02, 2013

Unlikely essential


A day-to-day bag that transforms into a clutch for parties - Christmas gatherings sorted! As a small messenger bag it fits all the essentials needed for breakfast with friends or even that last minute Christmas shopping. And, slip off a thing or two (or let your fairy godmother do her magic - it is the festive season after all so indulge in your inner princess soul) and you have a clutch worthy of fun nights ahead!

If you were wondering why such a bright blue and not my uniform black - it was a gift and I can assure you that no matter how much it deviates from my style I will always appreciate it. In all honesty, the colour really works well with the rest of my wardrobe. So, my word for the festive month (and also something I try generally in life) is A P P R E C I A T E. You just don't know what being open minded could bring!

8 comments:

  1. I love that message! If someone gifts you something high quality and you are open to it, it often finds a way into your heart that in a way that you wouldn't have guessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try and remind myself of it constantly because I find that I take things for granted too easily!

      Anyway, I have already used the bag quite a bit and am loving it!

      Hope you are having a lovely festive month! x

      Delete
  2. It's an incredible colour - definitely a little bit out of place with your wardrobe, but I imagine that's what sets it apart. Nothing like a bag that transforms into a clutch either - I finally managed to nab my own recently and there's no looking back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first impression was definitely along the lines of 'wow - bright blue' but it actually works really well with the colours in my wardrobe. Also, I love the pop of colour when my outfit is just shades of blue.

      The messenger to clutch transformation is seriously a life saver! What bag did you get? x

      Delete
  3. it's a bright cherry color, and sometimes unexpected things end up working out quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It's definitely going to be useful on those days where you feel like wearing the littlest amount of colour (happens even to the most dedicated of minimalists!) And look how well this colour works here in Alexa's outfit :) http://www.pinterest.com/pin/432204895459563659/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexa is such a style chameleon - she makes everything work!

      I actually love wearing this bag when my outfits are all different shades of blue! It just seems to life the entire look. x

      Delete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!