My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

December 15, 2013

Thinking


With the amount of time I apologise for being absent on here I am starting to think about 'merging' my blog content onto my Instagram (i.e. deleting my blogspot and just doing my posts on Instagram). It is one of the first things I check in the mornings (obsessed? Definitely guilty!). So, I am hoping it will translate into more content, especially during busier times. Also, I find my Instagram more interactive, an aspect of I really enjoy. 

However, I have two concerns if I do end up choosing Instagram over Blogger. The first being the variety and number of photos for a single 'post'. As most people are aware, normally a blog post can consist of a number of different photos of an outfit. I believe this isn't very practical or aesthetically pleasing on Instagram. Secondly, the 'word content' part of each post will have to be considerately edited as no one likes a paragraphs of words on Instagram. On the flip side, both these concerns can be seen as positives as it means I'll try to be very concise.

So, I have not made a decision on what to do but from some suggestions on a similar post I did on my Instagram I am slowing working it out! 

Thank you with bearing with me and I would really appreciate any feedback!!

6 comments:

  1. I really hope that you continue your blogspot, I think it's a much more engaging platform. Not only can you write more (and it's the words I love reading!) but you can post more images with each post, without clogging up someone's feed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha you have hit the nail on the head with my concerns if I did only post on Instagram! For the time being, I'll be posting on both. x

      Delete
  2. since I'm not an instagram user myself, though I find it very tempting (but I don't have a smart phone), I prefer to read a blog. I think you can create more of a dialog on a blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be very tempting! It is definitely true that the writing length would be compromised on Instagram, thus making the blog a better choice. Anyway, for now, I am going to be posting on both. If you want, you can check out Instagram profiles on a computer by typing in http://instagram.com/username (i.e mine would be http://instagram.com/coffeewithme). Love to know if that makes it more similar to reading a blog?

      Delete
  3. You know I love both your blog and IG so I'd be so sad to see it go, but of course it's up to you and you should do whatever makes you happy! I completely understand your concern though, I'm thinking of taking a blog break myself.

    I was going to send you an e-mail, but I couldn't find your email address! When you get a chance, you can email me (it's on my blog) - xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!