My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

October 16, 2013

Skirt with a shirt tie






Did the shirt tied around the skirt remind you of a designer? 

Did the name Philip Lim cross any minds? 

Well, it didn't really cross my mind until I started tying my jumper around my waist - definitely for convenience as it is still too cold to head out in the morning in a tee. Anyway, it then got me thinking about the runways and how much I admire a designer's ability to stamp their authority on fashion.

 I always do enjoy browsing through collections on Style.com because the direction each collection takes can range from precise tailoring to fluid flow, a simple white runway to a striking extravagant show and many, many shoes that I would shake my head left, right, right, left with disbelief. With anything and everything as inspiration one thing stands out and that is the willingness of designers to step out of the 'fashion rules' and deliver a show that might or might not see new rules being stamped out. The boldness of not caring about anything but presenting their vision is truly exciting, to me at least. Even when my style hardly gravitates towards trends, I still appreciate the vision of creatives. 

   Ramble over - I am just going to be slightly narcissistic (in a non-creepy 'I am obsessed with myself' way!) but seeing me with long hair again is seriously weird! For anyone that doesn't know - I had a hair cut recently and donated my hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths for them to make wigs to support people with cancer. So, now I am sporting an 'above shoulder length cut' and seriously loving it. Narcissistic ramble over!        

6 comments:

  1. I'm old enough to have grown up in the 90s, we tied things around our waist all the time...
    And as they say if you're old enough to remember it the 1st time around, you never do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to tie things around my waist like that in the 90's :) and yes, although I don't follow re tends myself, I always admire the work and inspiration of creatives! Oh my I love your short hair!!!!! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I was born in the 90's so I guess I am just learning the 90's ways now :)

      Thank you, it really was quite a cut! x

      Delete
  3. Ahh I shaved my head back in May and recently glanced back through my blog to find all these long-haired photos of myself... I barely recognize myself! It really is just weird!

    I've also perpetually got a jumper tied around my waist these days, haha. Loving fall!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is really amazing and inspirational! I totally understand, it is very weird!

      Sometimes it is just easier to have one less thing to carry, too!

      Delete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!