My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

October 01, 2013

Converses = casual?




Fully embracing the lace trimming and sleepwear/lingerie elements with a heavy dose of casualness. I cannot see myself paring it with another lace counterpart. Besides the fact that it I do not own anymore pieces with lace inserts or trimmings, I just cannot fathom double lace. In all honesty, I'm still trying to find the best way double denim works, even though I concede it might just not be my style. I am always open to trying new elements that I think will work into my style but double lace might just be a stretch too far, and so not me!

Naturally, I gravitate towards a neutral colour palette and to 'casual it up' I throw on my beloved navy men's sweater and good old white batted pair of Converses. I find it interesting how it is universally accepted that certain items equate to specific styles. For example, Converses seem to be synonymous with casual, cool streetwear outfits. It is the item that will 'casual up' tailored pieces or roughen up a pretty lace dress. I have always wondered if that is all most people view a pair of Converses to be. For me, a pair of Converses takes me back to a time where the only shoes I wore were Converses and sneakers. I would walk, run and play in them day in and day out. The casual streetwear credentials Converses seem to have reached are really just a plus for me because in all honesty I'll probably still had been wearing them.  

On another note, I am really sorry about the time between posts. I do hope you are still enjoying the minuscule amount of content I am able to post. 

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this! I was eyeing these shorts up back in the summer but didn't buy them in the end because I wasn't sure how I'd wear them. Your styling here is so perfect though! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! When I saw it on the lookbook I was like... 'Must buy this pair'! It was funny I had such a reaction to them given I absolutely find lace hard to work with and not really my style. I think the black and white colour palette really helps in incorporating it into my other pieces. x

      Delete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!