My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

September 06, 2013

Put the jacket over the bag





I should either learn to give myself enough time to sit down and have a coffee or take the 'morning by the horns' and not have one at all. Holding takeaway coffee in one hand and trying to find rummage through my bag while holding odds and ends is a recipe for 'starting the day with coffee all over oneself'. However, when it comes to time and coffee I normally do not practise what I preach, even with the possibility of coffee down myself. 

 So, since I am still determined to grab my morning coffee while making sure I do not miss the bus I always place any jackets or sweaters over my bag, as per picture 2! It actually never occurred to me that it might look 'unstylish'. Given that during the moment being able to find my wallet to pay for the bus fare in front of all over commuters while keeping coffee in the cup instead of all over oneself is definitely higher up on the priority list. Nonetheless, the question was raised when I suggested to a friend who was in the same predicament (coffee in one hand and textbook and coat on the other while trying to find her wallet).

Well, I really do not see it as a problem especially since it frees up at least one hand!

Shirt - Zara / Jeans - Uniqlo / Boots - Grenson / Bag - accompaniment from a very old issue of Vogue 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I try and read all comments!