My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

September 12, 2013

Paradox of an outfit





I call it fashion. My mum calls it as it is - a paradox of an outfit. The proportions are at home in an editorial, runway or look book. In reality to a passerby, they might just feel the urge to shout out, 'put on a pair of trousers' as I walk down the street with goose bumps on my bare legs. I know my mum has mentioned it a few times, especially when I swamp my top half in sweaters and coats but then go and wear shorts or skirts. 

In all seriousness, I do see the paradox in the above combination. Maybe it is my small plea for some sunshine and blue skies as it is will be the latter part of September soon, right? Anyway, to keep the proportions I was thinking of wearing this outfit combination mostly during early spring or late autumn with a lighter coat, maybe even a trench. This allows me to continue wearing my so called 'fashionable, editorial, runway, look book style proportions without feeling too much of the cold.

On another note, I am seriously in love with the shorts and cannot wait until I can wear them non-stop!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I try and read all comments!