My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

September 24, 2013

New addition - it's not sleepwear!



If I had never seen the shorts and someone started describing, 'black and white with floral print, polyester (therefore feels silky) and lace trimming' I would say...

 NO, thank you (with maybe just a hint of horror and annoyance). 

Well, lets just be reminded of the old saying 'a picture tells a thousand words' because I have proof of it right here. The picture on Zara's website smashed my 'No, thank you' right out of the park and replaced it with 'Yes, please'! 

I will confess, the individual elements of the shorts would never pass my 'little' essential pieces check list. Seriously, lace trimmings!? Before this find I would probably have shock horror plastered on my face if I was ever shown a piece with lace. However, the combination of a sporty silhouette and monochromatic palette with the lace trimming just seems to work...well in my eyes! I understand that people will either love or hate the piece, I already had a friend state that it looked like sleepwear!

Also, I understand if people see this as a trend piece, given the latest wave of slip dresses. While I won't disagree, I do hope people can understand my alternative thought process. I think of my wardrobe as a continuum where I have classic pieces on one side that slowly become more 'modern' with the overall feel still reflecting on my style. Maybe I might do a more in depth post on this thought sometime in the near future? What do you think?

Anyway, as evident in my pictures, I will never stop eating chocolate, continue my love affair with green tea chia pudding, eat grapes in a bunch and then more, use Jurlique morning and night and maybe think of a new pair of Converses? Granted they are starting to fall apart!

In the meantime I will also continue my obsession with the HDR processing of iPhone photos! And yes, the above photos are taken with my one and only iPhone (first time for a post), not bad right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I try and read all comments!