My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

August 18, 2013

From light to dark






Before I begin, let me apologise for my lack of knowledge of art terms. Words that have found their way into everyday use are sometimes applied in a manner that might puzzle people that are either learning about it or are at the top of that certain field. For, example I would call black a colour, however, it really is the absence of colour. So, feel free to correct me if you ever think I have used certain terms incorrectly because it is nice to learn new things every day! 

My affinity for wearing the one colour from one end of the colour spectrum to the other is fully shown in this outfit. The different shades of black ranging from the obvious pitch black to the other extreme, white is clearly a favourite of mine. Another few style habits of mine are definitely rolled and cuffed trousers and sporty footwear. In a way, these two habits come hand in hand. Without rolled and cuffed trousers to show a sliver of ankle when wearing sportier footwear I run the risk of people thinking I just did my morning run and had not bothered to change. While, without the sporty footwear I feel my outfits are too formal and put together. Since I am adamant about choosing between the two it really feels like the 'chicken or the egg dilemma', which causes which! If the above sentences have you reading them over a couple of times and still being confused, don't worry because I seriously think I have confused myself, too! Well, that is my writing style when I have read a few too many chapter readings throughout the week coupled with 2-hour online lectures that quite frankly could make me fall asleep (not that I was catching up on them during the late nights when sleep was the most natural course...)!

Breton - Zara / Trousers - Zara / Coat - Anne Klein / Shoes - Converse


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I try and read all comments!