My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

July 22, 2013

New addition - White Embroidery Shorts






My other pair of lonely shorts finally has a friend. It comes in the shape of a billowing white number with flowery embroidery around the edges. I would never had intentionally searched for an item with the above description. I was actually searching for shorts and was refining the colour options - since I have a thing for white (more on this soon!) it was the obvious colour to narrow down first. 

My openness to trying colour and print seems only applicable when it comes to bottoms and there was no exception with this lovely pair. I think the embroidery being only around the edge while every other design aspect is kept to the bare minimum makes this weirdly fit in with my aesthetic. I can see this pair of shorts work effortlessly with a white tee during summer days and also dressed up with a silky camisole and a pair of wedges or minimal heels. My favourite way of wearing the pair will probably be during evening walks down by the beach as the ocean breeze will truly make the shorts anything but ordinary due to the cut and light weight material. Anyway, that is still a few months away since Winter is still here to stay.

Now back to jeans, sweaters and coats after playing dress up with these shorts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I try and read all comments!