My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

July 12, 2013

Leather ankle boots





Since seeing the Acne Pistol Boots I was determined to save up and get ready to pounce on a pair during the sale period. Every now and then I would have doubts about the Acne pair, money wise and money wise only because the design is just flawless. Then my doubt was finally driven home one day when a friend commented about never buying shoes over $100. I then stood back for a second or so and seriously thought why I had my heart on this particular pair. Was it that special that I would seriously save up $500 ~ $600 to buy?

 In a way, the number of street photos sporting the Pistols were a big reason why I even noticed them in the first place, they just seem to have the 'street wear credentials'. However, it was the shape of the boot and heel that really caught my eye. Having that realisation allowed me to think whether my current situation (i.e. being a student and not having a full time job) would justify buying the boots. I came to the understanding that all I really wanted was a pair of ankle boots with a similar shape and heel height. With this knowledge it was just about keeping an eye open while shopping or browsing Tumblr, Instagram etc. So, the Acne Pistol Boots became the yardstick for all ankle boots that proceeded to catch my eye. Undoubtedly, making the process of buying a pair extremely hard.

Well, I am so happy I re-thought the whole Pistol scenario. Don't get me wrong, if the Pistols had came during a time where I could justify buying a pair I would have done so with no second thoughts because that is how much I love them. However, these ASOS pair, which I bought during the sale are just perfect in their own right. The shape of the boot is the only similar aspect, one feature that was a must when looking for my pair of ankle boots. I hope it hasn't come across that the ASOS pair are just an off thought because they are really amazing in their own right. Real leather, perfect shape, great fit, better heel height for running down streets when necessary and lastly, great price point. The only reason I rattled on about the Pistols at the start was to show you my genuine thought process when trying to find wardrobe investments!   

7 comments:

  1. You're smart - it's hard to justify that kind of purchase as a student. I like the idea of trying out these styles with less expensive alternatives before making the plunge when we finally have the means...it makes for confident purchases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I would like to think I'm smart! In a way, I am just more conscious of what I like to wear and what is around, while having an understanding of my limitations!

      Delete
  2. They look like a good choice for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually really like the ASOS boots, even more so than the Pistols! I've been going back and forth on the Pistols for awhile too and finally decided that they were too chunky for me and made my feet look a tad large. I agree. I think the only reason they got so popular was because of blogs and celebrities sporting them. Remember Alexa Chung and the Acne Atacomas? People were crazy for that shoe, even me. Now looking back, I realized it was really just the hype. I think you made a great choice with the Archers. They look classic, modern, and sleek with a bit of western edge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving the Archers so much I seriously wear them day in day out! In a way, I think the Pistols are my dream boots and if I ever bought a pair I would be too 'precious' with them. Also, I definitely agree, sometimes the hype becomes a strong reason why people buy certain items.

      Delete
  4. i love them. are they true to size?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!