My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

July 24, 2013

Borrowing from him - the knitwear over a not so casual dress




I mentioned a couple of months ago about the versatility of this Alexander Wang dress. The not so casual sheerness of the design makes it difficult to wear for day to day activities. Not to worry - I normally throw on a slouchy well worn knitwear and I end up having a day worthy outfit that is still true to my style while being all so comfortable. I'm sure this little trick works with most dresses. I cannot say I have experience with other dress styles because this is the only dress I have, bare the more formal pieces. Also, a slight flaw is that come Summer this will not be the best option, unless you like the sweaty look, right!? So, I normally wear this combination during late Autumn and early Spring.

 Given my lack of dresses/I kind of stick to one dress style feel free to add in your opinion of how you make a 'not so casual' dress into being daywear appropriate!

Side note - this is the last of the 'Borrowing from him - the knitwear' post. However, the next 'Borrowing from him...' will be up soon.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I love the navy over the black. So subtle but with that perfect hint of color. Beautiful slouchy yet tailored silhouette too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the accent of navy on black, too. Don't get me started on 'slouchy', I think I drone on it too much on the blog already!

      Delete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!