My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

June 24, 2013

Masculine coats










I believe everyone should have 'the coat' that can polish off or hide the lacklustre of an outfit. Admittedly, one great quality coat should suffice for many Winters to come but what is the magic number when it comes to coats? I believe it depends on where you live since there is no point investing in more then two coats (one is definitely enough!) if you only wear it four weeks out of the 52 in a year. I initially had invested in one very good quality coat (see 'Back to SQUARE 1 - coats and jackets') however, after seeing the Hugo Boss coat (pictured above) hanging in my parent's wardrobe and realising that it was hardly worn, I had to rectify the situation! After looking around for a more masculine shaped coats around the web and occasionally instores I could not believe there was one so close by, so lets just say the coat is borrowed...indefinitely!

I was in no hurry to add another coat to my only coat unless all details were met. This coat ticks every single detail and more. From the cocoon shape (hello layering without altering the coat shape), to the quality material, right down to the surprise quilted lining of the sleeves and overall slouch. Not to mention the impeccable tailoring. 

If you do like the more masculine styled coats do have a look at the men's section because sometimes it will just work! Or maybe borrow from your boyfriend, guy friend, brother or father?  

Also, the jeans are probably a piece I have yet to introduce. With an introduction comes a lengthy middle and ending, so I guess the next post...


la Marinière - Zara / Jeans - Acne 'Hex Lena' / Coat - Hugo Boss / Boots - Tod's


2 comments:

  1. I noticed those jeans right away, they look pretty perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is one long story behind the jeans!

      Delete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!