My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

June 27, 2013

Introducing...





As alluded to in the last post I have a new addition to my 'essentials' wardrobe. Why the quotation marks around essentials? Well, lets just say the jeans have been in my essentials wardrobe for a year or so without me ever wearing it and desperately trying to sell it during my clean out. Then why buy it, you may ask?

Judgements aside - I bought it because...

1) Come on, it's Acne

2) It was on sale

Looking at the above reasons I should probably be ashamed, since those excuses come up more often then not (just change Acne and place any other brand) when justifying buying. However, I believe everyone learns from their mistakes and seeing this pair last year was part of the spark in thinking of the 'Back to SQUARE 1' idea. 

Just recently, I decided to try selling the jeans again. However, before placing the advertisement I decided to try the pair on once more. I just fell in love with them. I have no idea what changed between the year I bought the jeans and right now. Suddenly the jeans just work!

On a side note - maybe jeans should be a piece people invest in more, instead of having many pairs why not have two or three good quality pairs? Something I am definitely thinking about and maybe posting sometime soon.

3 comments:

  1. Funny how that worked out.

    I have 6 pairs total of various brands from low to high, and that's a complete collection for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find jeans really hard to buy, but more on my 'thoughts' of jeans in a future post soon!

      Delete
    2. pant shopping in general is a pain in the butt. ;P It took years to "complete" my collection. My oldest pairs of jeans are probably 8-9 yrs old from F21 and Earl believe it or not.

      Delete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!