My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

June 12, 2013

Hiding under books

 




Apologies for the lack of posts, it is definitely not due to getting bored of my only months old blog but simply because of my once better then average organisation skills spiralling down as I type during the exam period! Given my exams only span around 3 weeks out of the total 52 weeks of a year, it is logical to prioritise it over most of my other interests. However, this has illustrated that maybe time management wise I should shoot a few more posts during my less hectic times so I accumulate a few 'reservoir' posts. Nevertheless, the 'reservoir' posts will definitely still be in context, i.e. I won't be posting shoots from 2 months ago when the sun was out and bare legs didn't need to be covered with stockings while my recent posts deem otherwise! This might be something to adjust to given the mentality of most of my outfit post reflects the day I just had, so maybe the 'reservoir' post will be more along the lines of my view on trends, essential pieces, one dress but many ways to where it and just my thoughts on things that I find interesting.

Now back to the photos! The first one illustrates my love for blueberries and Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, they both seem to make studying that much easier! The glasses are a necessity and the watch is symbolically a reminder of time being one of life's precious 'commodities'. I would never leave the house without a watch in the past, but the last year or so I have relied on my iPhone more then the watch so I ended up wearing it less and less. Obviously, only a watch is allowed to keep track of time during an exam so it has been on my wrist for the last couple of weeks and will stay so, even after the exam period. I cannot believe I stopped wearing watches! 

The outfit photo has been my go to style during exams. Slightly loose fitting jeans, a thin pullover or sweater and Nike trainers. And, yes, also a watch to keep me on time (especially one with numbers because trying to work the spaces on some of my more minimalist designed ones is too much when under exam stress!) Also, I grab a jacket to wear to stop myself freezing to death but it normally comes off before I sit an exam because warm temperatures make me want to fall asleep!

Apologies again for the lack of posts, but what do you think about the 'reservoir' post idea? Also, how do you manage posting during busy periods?

Glasses - Ray-Ban / Perfume - Chanel Coco Mademoiselle / Watch - Georg Jensen / Pullover - Zara / Jeans - Uniqlo / Trainers - Nike


4 comments:

  1. Good luck on your exams. I feel naked without a watch and sunglasses. I think the reservoir posts sound like a good idea. When I'm busy or uninspired I don't post or I do "lazy" outfit posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I must have a pair of sunglasses with me, too!

      Since I was busy I didn't want to post 'for the sake of posting' because I believe in quality over quantity. That is how I thought of having the pictures ready because it halves the time since I just have to do a write-up on the day I am posting.

      Delete
  2. I love your jeans and this sweater!
    Looks really beautiful!
    Good luck for your exams, my dear!
    Moni Stuke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Moni, so glad you like the outfit! x

      Delete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!