My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

May 20, 2013

Sportswear taken too literally?






There is a fine line between incorporating sportswear so it does not look like you are about to hit the gym. Or in my case, pounding the pavements outdoors since I prefer it over gyms. Anyway, when does   interpreting the sportswear trend become literally just wearing sportswear?

I would say my outfit above is aesthetically on the borderline of being just sportswear. However, functionally speaking it is far from being exercise appropriate. The trousers have the "track pants" style but functionally it is far from comfortable when exercising. In a way, pieces inspired by sportswear have to primarily take into account the aesthetic while the incorporation of comfort, in my opinion normally results as a byproduct of the sportswear style. 

So, maybe I did take the sportswear trend too literally in the aesthetic sense even though the accessories do add street style credentials. I might just try styling this trend again - ready for the revised 'Sportswear taken too literally - take 2' post?   

Update - forgot to add this "Top & shoes - Nike | Trousers - Zara | Wallet - YSL | Watch - Calvin Klein"

2 comments:

  1. This is nice and informative blog about sportswear. manufacturer and exporter of sportswear at affordable range. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bookmarked you. These days no doubt consumers are drawn to the glitz and the glamour and me too. I have seen plenty of Ropa Deportiva Barata but my eyes stop at Ropadedeporte. Here all will get the best collections like the same…

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!