My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

May 24, 2013

Sportswear taken too literally - TAKE 2






The key is, B A L A N C E.

Not in the juggling commitments sense, not in maintaining a healthy lifestyle sense and not in a literal sense, even though the phrase "The key is, balance" can be used to describe it.

Balance in this post is about understanding the essence of a 'trend' and being able to incorporate it into your daily outfit without sacrificing on your personal style while still having conceptual details of the trend. In the previous post I believe that I lost the conceptual idea of sportswear by taking it too literally. The sportswear trend is all about juxtaposing effortless 'cool' styling with function, in my opinion. So, to add trousers that morph into track pants when paired with an actual sportswear top and sneakers the concept was entirely lost (even my last grasp redemption by adding accessories, just did not cut it!)

However, my 'take 2' on sportswear might just redeem my previous attempt.

Stayed true to my style (check)

Conceptually (check) - the skirt and choosing Converse's instead of sneakers steers it away from being too literal. Similar accessories, except I did not have a watch on that day!

What do you think? Have I made it work, this time around?

2 comments:

  1. This definitely works. The envelope skirt and the Converse keep it quite casual and sporty, but not necessarily athletic. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucy!

      I agree, sporty but not athletic (can't see myself running laps in this outfit, hahaha!)

      Delete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!