My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

May 13, 2013

I need a jacket, I don't need a jacket





It is officially the time of the year where I either brave the chilly mornings walking to classes with arms crossed trying to conserve body heat knowing that I have one less thing to stuff into my ever over stuffed bag. Or take a jacket, because seriously, does it really matter. Note - walking with crossed arms is seriously an art form and combined with being uncoordinated means seeing the ground from close up is theoretically more possible!

Today, warmth was a priority, thus here is a piece that you have not seen since the "Back to SQUARE  1 - coats and jackets post". This black bomber jacket has been hanging in my wardrobe since I was 14 years old. Now it is slightly tight around the shoulders and taking on a more accidental cropped style, I would not have it any other way. A sign of a great investment? Also, my 14 year old self must have had one crazy foresight since the bomber jacket has seen a revival in recent seasons, along with sweatshirts, varsity jackets and my ever favourite sneakers. I, for one have no complaints since I love this style and also the words 'fashion' and 'function' have not always been said in one sentence. I believe it is due to the 'luxe sportswear' trend where sneakers are now not only regulated to the pounding of pavements, but also for walking down the streets with skinny jeans and cashmere sweaters under jackets that are over shoulders instead of worn. Best revival to date, in my opinion! Anyone else agree with me? 

Sweater - Zara | Jacket - Calvin Klein | Jeans - Zara | Bag - Black canvas | Shoes - Nike Free Run 3 

5 comments:

  1. I remember back in 2004 when f21s were rare (!!!) they did these beautiful silk bomber jackets, and I wanted one so bad! But I ended up getting a different one. While I like the trend, I'm not going to re-buy it this time around as I don't really "need" one. And I just remembered I have a super thin blue one from proenza schouler for target.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it interesting that silk bomber jackets have become quite a popular variation of the original bomber jacket. I guess the use of silk or even chiffon makes a "masculine" style softer.

      Delete
  2. That is really cool. Thanks for finding it. Some really good ideas there, this is going to be a real time sink. I am a china tour lover,You can learn more: private tour of China | Top Attractions in China | Beijing travel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your entire outfit. Last month, I bought a bomber jacket from an online store. I don’t have to feel uncomfortable with crossed arms to conserve heat because of this warm outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All Hanbridge instructors are accredited language teachers, native speakers of Mandarin, and have obtained a Bachelor's or Master's Degree. in language. All have standard Mandarin pronunciation and have completed Hanbridge's rigorous training program.Most importantly, they are committed to and enthusiastic about teaching and have a passion to help people learn to speak Mandarin and learn about Chinese culture.



    More Chinese learning tags : Mandarin Online Course | study Chinese online | learning to speak Chinese

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!