My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

May 02, 2013

Falling for stripes






I have resisted pulling it on every morning this week for the fear that people think I own this one and only top! Even though a friend said only a few days ago, "don't care about what other's think"! However, even in my stripes obsession I acknowledge that five days wearing the same la Marinière can probably make me see horizontal lines on perfectly solid colours after a while. Now thinking back on it - who even cares what I wear, right? Nonetheless, I did end up wearing it more often then not, due to a busy week where not missing the bus was a priority (necessity of arriving at lectures and class on time) and also stopping for coffee and breakfast to make sure I was not running on empty being equally important. 

So why the la Marinière when time is of the essence and brain power is concentrated for studying? Easy - the ability to pair with solid colours and any tailored bottoms while not being "boring" without having to co-ordinate too much are rivalled by no other, in my opinion, at least. Just wish I had time to take more outfit photos this week to "illustrate" my slight addiction to my la Marinière.

Hopefully it will not be that long in between posts from now on, however, my Instagram is nearly never dormant! So, if you ever want to know that I haven't just fallen off the face of the Earth, my Instagram is living proof!


Top and trousers - Zara | Shoes - Nike Free Run 3 | Bag - black canvas | Sunglasses - Princess Polly 

4 comments:

  1. The combination works on you. I like the bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found a good one...it looks great! I own these in a couple different colors and forget when I have worn them to work...I probably wear stripes 3x/week! But you're right - who cares?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took me quite a while, but I also love yours!

      Hahaha, new motto - 'who cares', but seriously, stripes just go with everything and before you know it your wearing it again!

      Delete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!