My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

May 09, 2013

As the light fades






Lighting is one of the most important aspects in photography. Since I take most of my photos inside, I find optimal light during early afternoons, so I try and fit taking photos during that time. Even if it means having lunch (late lunch!) finger tips away so that after I hit the self-timer, I can stuff a spoonful of food, maybe two and then run in front of the camera. This is all done while the diligent timer continues to beep its 10 second window of opportunity! Repeat 20~30 times and I have enough photos to select from and also have finished lunch! 

For this outfit post it turned out darker then normal as I ended up taking photos during the late afternoon on an overcast day. Funnily enough, it reflects most of the stormy and overcast days we have had - not much sunlight to work with. Also, if you think you have seen the sweater over the Alexander Wang dress before - you are right. It was part of the post where I considered different ways of styling the dress (here). This combination is a favourite of mine, from the slouchy sweater of the men's section to the tailored but loose fitting end of the dress. Now - just a pair of black ankle boots and this outfit can easily transition to winter. 

Sweater - Zara (Men's section) | Dress - Alexander Wang from The Outnet | Black canvas bag | DVF sandals

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your basic approach - it looks so beautiful! :) And my striped sweater will always be my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You probably can guess - but I'm in love with my striped sweater!

      Delete
  2. It's outfits like these I adore - simple, effortless and chic. Oh, and super slouchy! I'm the same at the moment with my photographer often MIA, so I find myself waiting for the best light during the day before I turn on self timer and take some shots. Oh the life of a fashion blogger!

    lioninthewild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you, I just love effortless and simple dressing. It also makes mornings so much easier, not trying to pair this and that!

      Lighting can seriously make an ordinary photo stunning. Your blog is lovely!

      Delete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!