My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

April 15, 2013

Slightly muted red, my pop of colour






"Pop of colour" and my first impression is little clutch boxes in all colours of neons. It seems like the easiest and most achievable step into the "pop of colour" group. It adds drama to a neutral palette and is still easy to coordinate with other pieces. However, why not try muted bold colours (like my red) or rich colours (cobalt blue or emerald green)? I find injecting these muted, slightly richer colours easier to integrate into a wardrobe full of neutrals and seems more appropriate then the bright neons, especially throughout the day.

Another dilemma I had was wether my Grensons suited this look. I find that pairing shorts with boots that have little heel and go above the ankle, considerably shortens me lengthwise. Still sitting on the fence with this one!

What do you think about colours? 

4 comments:

  1. Because the boots are a "flesh" tone color, I don't think they shorten you.

    If I'm going to wear COLOR!! it's easy for me to do it in prints (or accessories). Color blocking in clothing, doesn't make much sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking back at the photos I think the similar tones does help!

      I have more colourful accessories then clothes, it is easier to incorporate then colour blocking clothes. However, I love a really good colour blocked outfit, people who style it correctly are simply amazing! I didn't think of wearing colour in prints, definitely something I will be thinking about.

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of a muted red! And I agree with P - the flesh tone doesn't shorten you! I like those basics - simple but not boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muted red is definitely my choice of colour and after looking back at the photos, I agree the tones compliment each other well!

      Delete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!