My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

April 08, 2013

No cardigan, oh well







How coincidental that I was freezing in a lecture theatre (however, I would rather be freezing then boiling hot!) while being taught how the body controls temperature. It is actually quite amazing how the body has so many intricate mechanisms to keep the body at a constant temperature. Sorry for the digress, but this was a reason why I thought about "the coat shirt over shoulder" way of dressing!

I have come to realise that bringing a light long sleeved piece with me during hot days might become useful. I thought about a cardigan because it is lightweight but I have never been a "cardigan girl", even during my school days I always chosen the blazer over the cardigan. Then I realised that a shirt draped over the shoulders when inside will be perfect. Easy to shrug on and off and is lightweight enough to be carried around all day. Personal favourite when hands are all full and the bag can not handle one more item - the superman cape (just joking)! But seriously, a more stylish superman outfit?

Over the shoulder?

10 comments:

  1. I could never master the over the shoulder thing. But those boots are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not when walking around - just not practical! I mean when I am sitting down and just need a temporary cover! In love with my boots, I was scared that the boot style would only work on jeans, but so happy it is versatile.

      Delete
  2. I think that's an ingenious idea...sometimes that little layer is all you need. I find myself doing this with coats, sweaters, shawls, anything I can get my hands on in my cold office. Love the olive green!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, especially when going in and out a lot.

      Delete
  3. Amazing outfit <3 love the combination of the colours in this x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kira! I'm quite loving the olive green colour, a lovely neutral in my opinion x

      Delete
  4. The muted colours here are brilliant. Funny, remember how I asked you if you wanted my khaki green pants to drape over your shoulders during the lecture (and you laughed at me - thanks I was trying to be kind)? And now you've got a khaki green jacket draped over - now that's what I would call 'coincidental'. Those Grenson boots are FANTASTIC if I had a pair I'd be obsessively sniffing them and snarling at any speck of dust that would dare to inhabit it.

    Mwa you know who it is xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I didn't offend you by not draping them over my shoulders ;)
      Get ready to see them in action, you will be sick of them soon!!

      hahahaha!
      x

      Delete
  5. You have a wonderful blog, consider us a fan!

    x
    http://www.furoreblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Loving your blog, your "blogger pose" post is stunning, love the style! x

      Delete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!