My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

April 17, 2013

New addition - black wrapped skirt







You have seen my one and only skirt, so it is only fitting to introduce the "Linen Mini Skirt with Wrap Detail" I have just purchased from ASOS. It ticks all the boxes in terms of being A-line, high waisted and being a neutral colour. Also, the wrap detailing gives a different spin on the typical A-line skirt while still adhering to the fit.

It caught my eye while looking on ASOS after seeing the Zara "Wrap Mini Skirt" worn in all ways around the internet. I started to wonder why so many people had gravitated towards this one style. I can only speak for myself, but I find the wrap detailing a fresh look in terms of experimenting with new skirt details.

Besides the wrap detailing, the versatility of this skirt is beyond words. It can be styled up with a slick silk tank and sharp blazer or dressed down with a shirt, tee or sweater. The possibilities are endless, even without mentioning footwear. Above are my go to options for a dressed down look (balancing those shoes on the plank was quite hard work, it reminded me of physics - force & torque!) 

Which top and shoes would you pair with this skirt?

2 comments:

  1. Very nice but it would be great to see what it looks like on!

    I'm glad you're listing more details (like brand) for the items, a link to the actual item would be good too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, there will probably be one up soon as I will definitely be wearing it!

      If you ever want to know the brand/link of something don't hesitate to comment on the post and I'll reply back. Also, I'll start listing more details in the actual post.

      Delete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!