My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

April 24, 2013

Cobalt, cropped and wrapped






Provided that the temperature does not drop too low, this wrapped skirt will be a constant feature for some time. Even though stockings would make them fine in winter! However, I am not really a stockings girl so lets hope the sun shines for longer. 

I can not resist a tuck, whether into jeans, trousers or shorts and now skirts for that matter. Given that the electrify cobalt sweater is cropped, it makes it perfect for finally straying from the "tuck obsession". The higher front works like a "tuck" giving some indication of shape. Together with the wrap detailing, it gives the outfit structure. Nonetheless, like all obsessions, I just couldn't resist one photo with it being tucked, right?

I'm really loving that cobalt colour against the black skirt and with the minimal black sunglasses and wallet in hand I can zip around places without always wearing jeans or trousers.

So there you have it, cobalt, cropped and wrapped. You will probably see the "wrapped" soon again, how many ways do you think I can style this piece!

Oxford cobalt sweater | ASOS linen mini skirt with wrap detailing | DVF sandals | YSL wallet | Sunglasses from Princess Polly 

6 comments:

  1. I love this skirt - I've been eyeing various versions for awhile and I think there are SO many ways to style it. Do you think a button-down would be too bulky with it, or nice with the linen? I'm trying to figure out how to wear button downs in a summery way...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the endless possibilities with this skirt! Have you seen the ASOS pointe skirt? I was tossing up whether to buy that or the wrapped skirt. A button-down was the first thing I tried with the skirt and it goes really well, a post will probably be up soon, given my love for the skirt!

      Button-downs also go well with loose fitting shorts, capri pants and even as light "jackets" over a dress.

      Delete
  2. I love the skirt! The cross-over is a nice detail to a basic color and silhouette, and gives it a little bit without being over the top. I was eyeing said skirt for a bit, but I knew I shouldn't be spending the money at the moment. It looks great though. I think it would transition well into months you would need stocking! I go through phases where I like stocking and don't. These past two years of colder seasons I hated them, whereas two years before I lived in a black skirt and stockings... Love the cobalt sweater too. Cobalt is my favorite pop color, and color in general.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I knew how versatile a black skirt is I was so surprised I didn't have one. Even though I wanted a "basic" black skirt the wrap detailing made it that much more special, so it was not just any black skirt. It will transition well, given I wear stockings, hahaha! Are you still thinking of buying it?

      Oxblood/muted red is normally my go to colour but I reckon cobalt or electrifying blue is a lovely pop of colour.

      Delete
  3. I love a half tuck- it's so chic and very French Vogue. That blue looks gorgeous on you. And the skirt is such a versatile pice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lindsay! Half-tuck is just such a habit now, I love the shape it creates.

      Delete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!