My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

April 04, 2013

Childhood memories from a cap




When I first put this outfit together I was trying out the "runway half tucked" trend. After seeing this style hit the runway I thought of giving it a try, given that it does not cost anything, unlike many other trends! However, after spotting the Disney cap this outfit took a whole new meaning.

It reminded me of the last serious "cap relationship" I had. I use to love wearing caps, especially this Disney cap. It is impossible not to see just how battered and worn out the cap looks! After thinking I had lost the cap, I have never really worn any others to the same degree and after a few years I just have not really worn caps or hats in general, unless you count my school boater (which I still forgot to wear half the time at the start)! Not sure if I should wear the cap constantly again since it might just fall apart, but definitely it has sparked my interest in hats again. Might just be a new accessory addiction?         

Nothing trendy about my cap but it is the memories associated that I love about this cap and outfit in general. The added bonus, the "runway half tuck" might just work.

4 comments:

  1. Hey I really love your blog and I'm so glad that I stumbled upon it!! Really awesome style and love the minimalism :)
    x Kira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you for your lovely words! I'm really loving how basics are easy to style but still look stunning in their effortless way. Minimalism is also another style I really love, especially white on white right now.

      Your blog is so lovely! Love your L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival posts. x

      Delete
  2. Hey! I've had this post sitting as a tab on my google chrome for days waiting for a moment to comment, and now I've seen the lovely comments on my blog, so thank you :) I've been enjoying your blog so much and I don't know where you appeared from magically with this really beautiful view on style!

    That breton I'm wearing in that post is from L.L. Bean and is seriously the cheapest and best quality breton you can get - http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/58620?feat=striped%20shirt-SR0&page=french-sailor-s-shirt-three-quarter-sleeve-boatneck. Mine is a hand-me-down from my mom and I think it might be black which they don't stock anymore (I can't quite tell...it really might just be a very dark navy blue). It's heavier than your typical breton...you wouldn't want to wear it in the middle of a super humid summer (I don't know where you live) but it would be perfect for any other time of year or a windy day at the beach. Anyway, it's SO wonderful to find inexpensive, quality things and that breton is one of them so I would highly recommend it.

    I've tried so many bretons from different brands that I've amassed quite a collection...I plan on doing a post on them soon. As for those wonderful BCBG pants they were a random find at Buffalo Exchange last year and they are such wonderful quality that after tons of wear they still look like brand new. See if you can find some BCBG pieces at secondhand stores!

    Love your blog, keep it up :)

    -rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      That breton is seriously amazing! Just checked the link, its a pity that the shipping is nearly as expensive as the actual breton. Besides that fact I would buy it in a heartbeat! They don't stock the black but the navy is just as beautiful. For a looser fit would you go one size up?

      I read that your BCBG trousers were secondhand but I thought, might as well ask because the material/tailoring is spot on.

      Can't wait to see more of your outfits! x

      Delete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!