My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

April 02, 2013

Back to SQUARE 1 - the summary


The pieces that you have seen throughout this series is basically my "functional" wardrobe. By "functional" I am excluding any pieces that I wear solely for sports/exercise and very formal occasions (i.e. ball gowns). 

What started as a way to clean out my wardrobe so that my mornings became that little bit less stressful ended up with me understanding my style that little bit more. I started to appreciate how building a wardrobe should have a foundation of essential pieces. This makes transitioning new or "trendy" pieces that still suit your style easier to add to everyday outfits. For example, I love a printed skirt or trouser and by pairing it with a neutral tee or sweater I am able to find a balance that still suits my style. In addition, I started to critically think about shopping in general (to cover all my musings on this topic I will be posting about this later this month).

Now, it is all about maintaining the basics and adding pieces that I believe fit my style. By no means will I stop curating my wardrobe as I believe it is always ongoing, so I'll post whenever I add to my essentials. I will continue with my outfit posts as it shows how a well selected wardrobe is easier to style then a wardrobe filled with random pieces. 

Here are all the links to the "Back to SQUARE 1" posts.















I did not end up posting "the bags" because all my daily bags have been seen in the outfit posts. There are a couple of bags that I only use occasionally, thus not fitting these posts. However, they will probably be in a few outfit posts later.  

Your thoughts on the "Back to SQUARE 1" posts?

Also, anything you would like to see me post about?

2 comments:

Thank you, I try and read all comments!