My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

April 22, 2013

Autumn - rain or shine?





4:55pm - umbrella dry and barely a dusting of rain. 

Also, a lovely reminder of why I love my Hugo Boss riding boots! Bring on the rain!

Earlier today

6:15pm - woke up to dark clouds

6:45am - walking to the bus stop umbrella packed and riding boots walking over wet foot paths.

I would definitely hate to start a day with soaked feet knowing that I had quite a full day ahead. I debated whether to wear the riding boots, but there was really no debate as the boots are comfortable and definitely practical. I can say with confidence that the boots would score a 10 in comfort as I have even wore then on a flight! Their practicality, also a 10 as I have worn them in a down pour and ended the day with dry lower limbs and feet! In this case, the investment in these Hugo Boss riding boots have been worth every dollar and more.

Zara men's sweater | Uniqlo black jeans | Hugo Boss boots | Black canvas bag

11 comments:

  1. Those boots look gorgeous! I've been considering getting a pair of riding boots after seeing so many beautiful pairs this winter - but I've been married to ankle boots for so long that it's hard to branch out haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I too, wear ankle boots a lot more then riding boots, but any hint of rain and I normally wear the riding boots because most of my legs won't get wet! Riding boots go really good with jeans and even shorter dresses/skirts. I guess ankle boots pair well with the above, too.

      Hahaha, it was like the complete opposite for me, I saw so many amazing ankle boots recently!

      Delete
  2. LOVE this outfit - those boots are perfection. Even though it's becoming spring here, you're making me long for fall...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel! They were my first ever pair of boots and I just love them. I remember wishing for cooler weather and now it is Autumn I'm already longing for warmer days.

      Delete
  3. Great books. I swear by riding boots at any hint of rain. I guess it comes from living in a city where I walk everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being able to beat the rain and wind make them amazing shoe staples for winter.

      Delete
  4. I could never find a simple pair of riding boots with no hardware, the right amount of heel, at a doable price. But that's okay, most of my pants are tapered trousers and I only have 1 pair of skinny jeans to wear them with anyway.

    How are the Uniqlo jeans? Which ones do you have? Do they fit true to size, sag, bleed, etc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon riding boots are really hard to buy. The lower/medium range riding boots more often then not seem to have embellishments, it's hard to find a simple pair. Have you thought about ankle boots? There are plenty more options and I also find that I wear my ankle boots more often then the riding boots!

      I have the UJ "skinny fit straight" range. At the start they were amazing pair of jeans but after 2 months they have stretched out quite a lot. I normally wear a belt with it now. After looking at the label I realised it has quite a high rayon percentage and that is the reason for the stretch. Now I would probably stick to a high cotton percentage jeans.

      Hope that helps :)

      Delete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!