My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

March 18, 2013

Loose and loose




Most often then not, I love to tuck my shirts and tees. Whether it is a full tuck, half tuck or a front only tuck it gives an illusion of an "hour glass" figure, outlining the tiniest part of your body - the waist, while elongating the legs, too. Apparently "half tucked" is quite on trend right now, but I have always loved the different ways to create shape just by tucking!

However, I decided that an untucked shirt was needed that day and to my surprise it actually worked quite well. In addition it paired accidentally with the the strong breeze as the loose nature of the shirt and trousers billowed and flowed. To balance the slightly off proportions I rolled the sleeves up and wore strappy sandals, allowing some break in the top to toe outfit. With the sleeves down and fully buttoned down shirt, the look would have been to severe!

Tucked or untucked?

9 comments:

  1. Half tuck for me. The bit of shape saves my short self from looking like a child in an adult's shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally choose half tuck, too! It creates a really flattering shape.

      Delete
  2. I'm so indecisive. Sometimes I go with a 'no tuck', other times a full tuck! If I can't decide, I will do the half tuck: either half tucking one side at the front near the button placket, or the front tucked and the back left untucked. I guess it depends on the shirt too! Some look better in different styles, no? I love that green shirt, and I think it looks nice untucked- more relaxed! But could easily look less casual tucked in with heel... you know! The tuck can be very versatile. xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After this little experiment I might be quite indecisive, too! I love the casual and relaxed feel of a no tuck but I also like the shape that a tucked shirt gives to an outfit. I too, go for a front tuck slightly off to centre with the back untucked.

      Totally agree, depending on the tailoring some shirts create shape without having to be tucked. A heel can definitely change the dynamic of this outfit, love the versatility!

      x

      Delete
    2. I think that's the great thing about choosing to tuck in a shirt/top some way-- it can change an outfit in the simplest way! xx.

      Delete
  3. I'm usually a half-tuck person but with the right flowy clothes sometimes it's good to just let it all out. I am enjoying your blog thus far :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so happy you are enjoying the blog so far! I'm normally a half tuck person, too, slightly off centre with the back untucked. Yes, I think it comes down to the tailoring and material of your pieces.

      Delete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!