My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

March 08, 2013

Back to SQUARE 1 - trousers



Same brand (tick)
Same material (tick)
Same style (tick)
They even dance through the air in the same way, but I have a feeling that was serious luck!

Only difference, the colour!

99.99999% (is that enough nines!) of the time I would never buy the same piece at the same time, even if they are different colours. However, after trying them on in store I just fell in love with them. So, since I have a thing for lists/ticking things off today, here are reasons why I bought two of the same...

1) Looking for trousers (tick)
2) Draping (tick)
3) Tailoring (tick)
4) Comfort (tick)
5) Versatility (tick)

The only slight negative I have is the material. It traps heat (unlike cotton) and in summer I always wonder if I end up with sweat patches. Anyway, I believe trousers are serious wardrobe essentials as they can be dressed up but also can be casual enough to wear just about anywhere. Another thing I love is that trousers can be worn all season as I seriously prefer them compared to shorts and skirts. You will find out soon that I have barely any shorts, skirts and even dresses, since I prefer trousers and jeans! However, I have seen a few shorts and even skirts I really like. Summer sales?

4 comments:

  1. Where are they from, woman?? And what material?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are from Zara and the material is polyester.

      Delete
  2. These are beautifully tenderly curated like a blanket with a slight tinge of mastery of drape clung onto your skin like some feathery devise made for lying in with a soft darling touch of muted olives and blacks to fit your absolute dreariest days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really nice to wear and are so versatile. The draping and tailoring is amazing!

      Delete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!