My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

March 20, 2013

Back to SQUARE 1 - accessories


I have a minimum number of accessories. Yes, I also count perfume, nail polish and lipstick as an accessory, am I weird? The thing is, the trio is basically all the "make up" I ever use, besides some concealer! The reason for the minimal number of pieces is because the majority are gifts from my Grandma and Mum. I believe in the idea that accessories should have a past, tell a story and if passed on, makes that person look up with a smile. My accessories all reflect this idea, even right down to the nail polish as when Mum travels overseas she normally comes back with a new colour. So, the accessories I do own all have their own little story and makes wearing them even more beautiful.

How do you view accessories? 





13 comments:

  1. your bracelet and ring are beautiful pieces. And the roses are lovely.

    I have a TON of accessories: necklaces, rings, belts, scarves (which I don't even use that much except a few), sunglasses, etc... And I should take better care of my bags. The ones are always wear are my sunglasses and watch. However, I don't wear any makeup and I'm not a perfume fanatic either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, both a from my mum and I love the unique details on both! The roses actually inspired this photoshoot, I have been taking photos of just about anything with the roses, my Instagram is flooded with rose back drops!

      Are your jewellery investment pieces?
      I stick with brown and black leather belts but I'll admit, I have more scarves then I need! I will be doing a bags post soon, it is my number one accessory as it can really change the dynamic of an outfit in my opinion.

      Sunglasses are always with me, my friends sometimes find it hilarious that I wear it even though the sun isn't really out, I guess it is more of a comfort/custom them anything else. Also, I use to never leave the house without a watch but now I rely on my phone more often. I am thinking of buying a classic watch with a leather strap and am looking at the "Daniel Wellington Classic St Andrews Lady". Any other suggestions?

      I don't have time in the morning for make up but I love a small drop of perfume!

      Delete
    2. Uniform Wares do really nice minimal unisex watches.

      Delete
    3. Yes! I absolutely love their watches the simple design is stunning!

      Delete
  2. I would say most of my jewelry is fashion jewelry, and then I collect Baccarat--which I don't know how to categorize, it's not diamonds but it's "higher" than fashion. I'm saving up for an "investment" piece of jewelry this year. As for watches, it's a personal preference. I don't bother saving up for a fine swiss timepiece as my wrists are very tiny, and swiss makers (and watches in general) tend to only offer dainty or very boring styles for women, and not the cool sporty styles that I prefer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently found this new watch brand "Aark Collective" and they have a very minimal style with a sporty vibe. Let me know what you think about this brand?

      Delete
  3. I love your collection of accessories. I'm the same about mine - just a few things here and there. I wish my mom brought me Chanel back from trips! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! Quality over quantity I say!

      That is when I get most of my nail polishes :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely accessories. I agree with you about accessories telling a story and having a past. My accessories are very important to me because they're items passed down from the women in my family, items from my travels or are gifts from my parents or the gentleman. A lot are engraved and/or commemorate a special event- so special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not agree with you more! I do not own any engraved pieces but most of my accessories commemorate an event.

      Delete
  5. I looooove your sunglasses, where are those from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them at "Princess Polly", I just went and checked online to see if they are still available, but I reckon they are sold out. If you go on to the e-shop there are two pairs that are quite similar - "Big Smoke" and "Minkpink's Say Anything".

      Hope that helps and feel free to drop by again if you have troubles finding it :)

      Delete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!