My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

February 16, 2013

The Row - Fall 2013 Ready-To-Wear



The Row     
Fall 2013 Ready-To-Wear                 





Instead of a conventional runway, Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen showcased their fall collection in a house with beautiful wooden floor boards and a backdrop of furniture. The colour palette of neutrals stood out and the tailoring and attention to detail is breath taking. Did anyone see the intricate details when the light caught in several of the last white pieces? Stunning!

Amidst the detail, I spied quite a few essential separates, my favourites being the oversized navy knit, the trousers and the crisp shirts that are timeless classics that will be adored for years to come. The snow white turtle neck knit might just convert me to at least try turtle necks and the coat over coat style actually looks amazing and is very practical. Who would not want the extra warmth, especially seeing New York Fashion Week blanketed by Nemo on the first few days?

One last piece that stood out was the jacquard skirt in navy with a side split and bold black trimming. That is what you call essential pieces with a modern twist.

The only thing is, The Row make luxurious essentials that I stare and adore but would have to save up to buy!



Musings after seeing the Style.com images of The Row’s collection. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I try and read all comments!