My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

February 24, 2013

Back to SQUARE 1 - shoes (part 1)

Jackets and coats for the "Back to SQUARE 1" series was what you would be reading right now, however, I ended up photographing and writing about my shoes instead! Who can resist shoes! Also, since it is about half-way through this series I thought it was fitting to talk about the type of shoes I find are essentials for my wardrobe because it is a major reason I started to think quality and use above quantity. When buying shoes, I have always gone for quality and comfort over trend and price. The instances when I did sacrifice quality, the shoes lasted mostly less then one year in my wardrobe and being worn only once or twice. Then I thought, why did I not follow this line of thinking when buying the rest of my wardrobe?

The next thing I have to work on when buying shoes is whether it suits my lifestyle! I have quite a collection of very good quality shoes that spend more time being stared at then worn!

I'm going to break this into three parts and post it over three days. Hope you enjoy it!



Part 1 - sneakers girl

I can walk. I can run.
No blisters or sore feet.
Goes well with running gear, summer shorts and especially jeans.
Heard (and seen) them pair well even with skirts and dresses.
Who wouldn't want a pair or two... and even three!

Hopefully that sums up my love for sneakers! I have written about this topic here, too.




Love how the colour of these white Converses get better with age!


Who is also a sneakers person?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I try and read all comments!