My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

February 14, 2013

Back to SQUARE 1 - fine knit sweaters


Zara - men's section

I live in sweaters, besides the days that hit 30 or 40 degrees Celsius. Even I, can not pull off 30+ heat in sweaters without dripping with sweat and getting very confused and worried glances from people.

I have just recently started to adore fine knit sweaters as they are perfect for layering. Also, it is thin enough to wear when the weather is either "kind of cold or kind of warm", my justification, when it is kind of cold - keep the sleeves down and when it is kind of warm - roll the sleeves up!

The top navy sweater is from the Men's section in Zara. I have come to appreciate the simplicity, colour and cut of menswear. I have realised that it is hard to find a simple neutral sweater from the women's section due to embellishments, on trend colours and even mixed media, i.e. lace inserts. What are your thoughts on this?


Uniqlo & Zara - men's section respectively


SABA


Zara

I love a pop of blue (in any hues!) and also a statement red. Not sure why, but they are my favourite colours to add to an outfit and funnily enough, they are total opposites. One is cold and the other warm!

What is your go to colour?

2 comments:

  1. My go to is black. I like merino wool because I wear them year round (and I live in the tropics), plus they're durable and easy to maintain. I'm wearing a simple black +J/Uniqlo pullover right now. I too prefer simple or "boyfriend" or "rick owens"-esque drapey sweaters, I'm not one for all the embellishments or lace inserts either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear I'm not the only one that loves a knit despite the weather! I love Uniqlo's range of knitwear. I love a chunky sweater and I really want it in white!

      Delete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!