My Wardrobe                    Coffee & Spaces                   Instagram                   Contact

Begin Simply by April

Begin Simply is a space where I slowly curate my ideal wardrobe while giving a running commentary of the process. My ideal wardrobe is definitely one of neutral hues, simple cuts and quality material. Besides writing about my wardrobe I also intend to include cafe scenes (lots of coffee!) and still life photography. By the way, I watch too much AFL (yes, I am from Australia). On a more serious note, I am still not sure whether to continue on this platform (thinking of merging content from here to my Instagram), but for the time being I will be posting on both platforms - April

January 23, 2013

Sneakers are not just for running


Not the biggest fan of the wedge sneakers trend but thanks to its popularity, the combination of trousers or jeans paired with sneakers have been popping around. I have  even seem them teamed with dresses and skirts. I for one, will just stick to skinny jeans or tapered trousers. Also, I believe showing a little bit of ankle steers the styles from clashing. 
So, luckily for me I bought the Nike Free Run 3 as running shoes and not as casual sneakers, however, because of the neutral colours and the style they team very well with skinny jeans and trousers.
What do you think about pairing sneakers with trousers/jeans?

4 comments:

  1. I am glad it isn't just me who doesn't like the wedge sneaker trend! Never have never will. I run with the Nike Free 3.0- I wish mine were more of neutral colors [they're grey+lavender], but when you have the most common shoe size and the guys at the running store you have gone to for a decade find one pair in the warehouse and have someone bring them to the store for you, you don't complain! Anyway, I have two pairs of casual Nikes anyway: I like wearing mine with my black skinny jeans or my cropped trousers. I also like them with my black short and black skirt during warmer months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I just love how the "sneakers" trend came about because of it! I just recently started running in my Nike Free Run 3 and they are just so light and comfortable. Grey and lavender sounds really nice though, if the lavender isn't too bright I think it's still quite easy to combine with other neutral outfits. It's summer right now so I think I might give them a go with shorts but I don't have the right type of skirt. Also, I love your tumblr and blog and how you build your wardrobe around essentials.

      Delete
    2. I went for the Free Runs and ended up with the Frees and I quite like them. I have ran with Nike shoes for a decade and I love how light these pairs are! They are nice, it's a very pastel-y lavender though, so I stick with just running in them or wearing them to yoga. Yours would look great with some black shorts or a simple black skirt, definitely give that a go! Ha. Thanks, love. I look forward to more of your posts. xx.

      Delete
  2. I am love the sneakers. Hope you can check out my site: http://theproverbs.net and follow. I posted a new look titled "HEISGREATERTHANI". Hope to hear from you and following. Thanks and God Bless!

    Steven 0:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I try and read all comments!